Here is the final extract of a few of the words from our vocabulary download – words W to Z.
These exercises are provided to help students prepare for the iBT.
This material is copyright. © Academic Success Media. DO NOT COPY!
wary – (adj.) cautious because of concerns or worries about something, especially about safety. Der. (n.) wariness; (adv.) warily.
Words W to Z
wholesome – (adj.) acceptable in terms of health, character, or morals. Der. (n.) wholesomeness.
witty – (adj.) amusing and intelligent. Der. (n.) wit; (adv.) wittily.
yank – (v.) to pull suddenly and forcefully.
zealot – (n.) an individual displaying unreasonable enthusiasm; fanatic. Der. (adj.) zealous; (adv.) zealously.
Now complete the exercise below.
1. Milk is a __________ drink as it is full of vitamins and minerals.
2. The door was stuck, and we had to __________ it in order to open it.
3. Tom told a __________ joke which made us all laugh.
4. Brittany is an absolute __________ about her exercise routine. She goes to the gym twice a day.
5. He was very __________ of traveling through such a bad neighborhood.